Adam Afriyie, the MP for Windsor, has presented a cheque for £900 to the 1st Sunningdale Scout Group. This donation was raised at a recent dinner held by the Parliamentary Club, a group chaired by Phil Bicknell, a local councillor.
The cheque was presented at a community tea party on Sunday 17th September, which was organised to welcome the new vicar of Holy Trinity Sunningdale, Reverend Jon Hutchinson.
The MP for the Windsor constituency, Adam Afriyie welcomed the figures:
“It was a wonderful community tea party in Sunningdale and I was thrilled to be able to present this cheque to the Sunningdale Scout troops.
“As a former Cub I am reminded almost every day of the good work they do, as I pass the Baden Powell building on my way from Windsor to Westminster.
“The Scout Movement has always been about improving the physical, mental and social development of our youngsters and plays a constructive role in society.
“My warmest thanks goes out to Councillor Phil Bicknell, and the Parliamentary Club which he chairs, for raising this donation.
“I hope that this donation goes a long way to ensuring the Scouts continue their excellent role within the constituency.”
Note to editors
- Adam Afriyie is the Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Ghana.
- He has a strong background in science, technology and innovation.
- He is currently Chairman of the Fintech APPG, Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST) and President of the Conservative Technology Forum (CTF).
- He was shadow Minister for Science from 2007-2010 and has a background in the information services and technology sector.
- For more information about the Sunningdale 1st Scout Troop please click here.